1. From 2017 to 2019
Prepare the necessary resources and skills for applying BIM:
- Improving awareness and encourage organizations, companies to apply BIM;
- Building a legal framework and the system of related technical construction economic and National technical regulation and technical standards for applying BIM;
- Creating BIM Guidelines;
- Creating BIM curriculum framework and advancing competence for BIM training and implementation for construction organizations as each level, project managers, investors and consultant companies to integrate BIM into construction projects.
2. 2018 - 2020:
Pilot projects period, which including:
- Apply BIM in the stages of: design, construction and project management for at least 20 projects from the 1st Classification and above which are invested on state budget or others (voluntary);
- Apply BIM in the stage of O&M for at least 10 important state budget projects with complicated technical requirements.
- Make detailed assessment of the BIM Applying Process through Pilot projects and prepare to widely apply in 2021.
3. From 2021:
Base on the piloting period assessment, Ministry of Construction will publish Circular Letter and Detailed Guidelines to apply BIM widely for Construction and Operation & Management activities.
The Program is funded by the National Budget, under the Law of National Budgeting upon each milestone of the scheme under Ministry of Construction request
Cost for BIM application in pilot and widely project according to agreed BIM roadmap are entered in total investment in the Law of Construction.
The scheme proposes some main solutions for implement effectively:
1. Mechanism, policy and standard:
- Request for review, adjustment and addition in mechanism, policy of construction investment, quality management and maintenance activities in order to help investors integrate BIM effectively into design, construction, project management and operation;
- Request for review, adjustment and addition in the system of technical construction economic and National technical regulation and technical standards for applying BIM. Creating BIM guidelines;
- Create standard contract samples are related in BIM application; propose contents and criteria of BIM projects
2. Training human resource
- Create BIM curriculum training and requirements for related job positions: Create training framework for related objects; propose criteria of employees for job position required BIM competency.
- Train BIM widely in the qualified BIM Training Units
3. Cooperate with foreign countries and organizations in research of BIM management technologies in construction and operation & management activities.
4. Financial Solutions
- The State give priorities of funding to promote BIM awareness and knowledge. Request for review, adjustment and addition in the system of technical construction economic and National technical regulation and technical standards for applying BIM, create BIM Guidelines, do some pilot projects, provide training program to state manager, investor, project manager, consultant, state own enterprise, companies appliance to research, follow and piloting BIM training project.
- For project investors in the stage of Investment construction project planning, design, construction or operation & management, cost for BIM applying can be entered in the total budget or O&M cost of the projects
5. Information and Promotion
- Promote knowledge of BIM through social media channels;
- Organize seminars, meetings, symposiums about applying BIM in Vietnam, BIM solutions to advance awareness and responsibility of related objects in construction field.
Besides that, the scheme also mentions responsibility of related organizations for implement scheme efficiently, for example:
Responsibilities of Ministry of Construction
- To be on duty of a permanent member of Administration Board, to cooperate with other Ministries and Provinces to administrate the Program.
- To review the Program and report the Program’s result to Prime Minister in periods to adjust the roadmap to become more suitable.
- To be in charge of an organizer and cooperate with other Ministries to research, review and improve the legal conditions in construction industry for applying BIM;
- To be in charge of an organizer and cooperate with related Ministries to research BIM Guidelines for all the kinds of construction projects;
- Organize and promote the knowledge and advance awareness of BIM;
- Guide the public sector’s units on selecting projects applying BIM in the piloting period; to train and advance those unit in knowledge and competence of BIM process.
- Guide, review and supervise the Owners of BIM-applied-projects;
- Create a BIM training framework according to each BIM use or project stage requirements. Implement pilot training program for objects related to construction and operation & management activities..
- Create and approve estimated implementation budget for the scheme at each period or yearly, in addition into estimated spending plan hosted by Ministry of Construction.
2. Ministry of Planning and Investment
cooperates with Ministry of Construction to set budget plan for the Scheme; cooperate with Ministry of Finance to funding for the Scheme depending on objectives, tasks at each implementation roadmap which is listed in Appendix below.
3. Ministry of Science and Technology
reviews and publishes the National Standards for BIM, National Technical regulation; support national research activities level on science and technology on development of BIM application;
4. Ministry of Finance
approves funding for Scheme depending on objectives, tasks at each implementation roadmap which is listed in Appendix below.
Below is the detailed roadmap for implement scheme: